Peace

Peace

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Trees

This Saturday, I got a great oppotunity to put my artwork in a show at Gallery Nucleus. My friend, Victoria Ying and Mike Yamada is having a new book "Curiosities: An Illustrated History of Ancestral Oddity." and they are having an art exhibiti inspired by the book.

Here is a piece I did for the show,

"Tree spirit" 5x7 framed watercolor on paper



This is actually my first illustration I ever really did, and my first art piece to put on gallery. I am so scared and I feel like I am being naked in front of everyone to show my piece....

I was also inspired by my son when I was working on this piece. He is 15 months old and he loves trees and leaves. Whenever we go for a walk, he will point out every trees and leaves, he gets very excited. Kid's imagination is so unlimited, and I get so much joy from watching my son's reaction to those moment. I love how kids can find the pure and simple joy in life.
I hope everyone can make it to the show :)




-M

No comments: