Peace

Peace

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ballet

     
"Morning"   8x10 in.  Oil on canvas

Last night, after my baby went to sleep, althought I was so exhausted, I made a cup of coffee, got a slice of pumpkin cheesecake, and started painting. Even though I was so tired at first, once I started painting, I could feel so much joy in my heart, the time passed so fast.

My husband was also working on the project in the other room, and we would take a break once in a while, and we were joking around laughing in the middle of the night in the kitchen, eating cheesecake:)

After few paintings with Aclyric, I decided to try out some oil painting. I took few classes a while ago, but I don't have much experince with oil. However, I loved it! I loved the thickness, how the paint mix together, how you can put it on top.....it was just fun.

The challenge in this painting was that there were so many brown....the building were brown, the barr is brown, her skin tone was brown....I didn't know what to do with it! Now when I look back at this, I wish I used more gray and washedout color in the background, so the dancer stands out more...oh well.

I am selling this artwork at Southlands Church, Brea, CA, October 20th from 10am to 2pm. Hope this painting will find a nice home :)

-M

No comments: