Peace

Peace

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ballet dancer

"Ballet dancer" 8x10 oil on canvas

This is one of my latest paintings I did. I always had a desire for dancing. I never wanted to take dance classes when I was young, but during teen age year, I wanted to be able to dance, started taking ballet classes.

I haven't take ballet classes lately (especially after having a baby...) I always think dancers has this beautiful way to express their emotions. It's almost like us, the artists. Instead of using paint bursh, they use their body to express. I think they are so beautiful.

I am still not sure as an artist what I want to express and what I want to paint and communicate with others yet, but painting figure is definately one of desire I have.

Last Struday, I got a chance to sell my artwork with my friends at bazaar/craft show. And my friend mentioned about the warm tone and cool tone, which....I totally forgot about it! Yes, I remember learned about it in class, but I totally forgot about it until she mentioned! So in this painting, I totally ignore about warm and cool...haha. So next time, I will remember now.....

-M

No comments: