Peace

Peace

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Painting from life

At my work, we have life drawing/painthing classes twice week. I love these 2 hours classes during lunch time.I grab a cup of coffee, listen nice classical music, and just draw....

Here is a drawings I did few weeks ago,

Charcoal on paper  11x17

This one took about one hour to draw, a long pose. Some times, the long pose becomes too stiff. I started to blend too much, and it becomes too smooth to me....which I regretted later on.

Here is a short pose, 5 mins.

Charcoal on newsprint  18x24

I love short poses. When it's a short pose, I can keep the energy going. The model can hold this more energic posees, and I have more fun feeling the gesture and energy. I think you can see the big difference in these drawings.

Every Thursday, we have short poses like them, and every Tuesday, we have 2 hours long poses. So I decided to try to paint figures. I took some painting classes in college, but I was never good at it. And I totally forgot what I have learned....so now I have been struggling and struggling with color....

Here is a piece I did today,

watercolor 9x11

What a mess.....I get so confused when it comes to warm and cool color. I see the cool shadow, but then I see some red or warm orange color in it, which confuse me so much! I wish somebody tell me what is going on.....

There are some oppotunies coming up to show my art in few months, so I have started thinking about what I am going to do with those peieces. I am loving this nice cool weather, nice warm drinks, and cozy house. Cannot wait to share them with you soon.....

-M